Saturday 1 October 2011

Caturday Cards - It's Contest Time!

I'll admit that I've been waiting for this day all month! (What can I say...I just love contests!)

As with the last time that we held our Caturday Cards Contest, the rules are very simple. Just leave a comment with a well-thought-out comment and/or criticism about the card(s) we have posted. We will then randomly choose a comment using a random number generator, and the number we pick will win...

...a free My Friend Fluffy greeting card of their choice!

Last month's winner was the adorable Prancer from Prancer Pie. We wonder who this month's lucky winner will be! 

The contest will run all weekend, from 1 a.m. on Saturday to midnight on Sunday. The winner will be announced on Monday!

So, without further ado, here are the two cards we would like to share! They aren't particularly new additions to our collection, but we have received mixed reviews both about them. For instance, some people have told us that they don't like speech bubbles on cards. What are your feelings? 

Don't ask me what I did with the confiscated catnip!

Despite my reaction, this was the happiest day of my nine lives!

18 comments:

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

I don't have problems with speech bubbles, especially on Humour cards.

Must let you know I just LOVE your gymnast card that you posted not so long ago. It highlights the gracefulness and flexibility of us kitties.

Angel Prancer Pie said...

Hee-hee. Great cards! These made us chuckle.xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMC I love them both!
The catnip one is hilarious!!! xo

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

We love your fun cards.

We also love that a percentage of your cards goes to Cats Protection UK ~ they rescued our little Alfie when he was just a teeny kitten. They are wonderful.

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

Sometimes we find speech bubbles distracting if their are a lot of them, but yours are fine and the cards are funny.

We likes the gymnast card that you posted not so long ago. It highlights the gracefulness and flexibility of us cats; although one of us here (Scylla) isn't so graceful or flexible due to being overweight.

Brian's Home Blog said...

I really like your cards, seriously, you are very talented and clever!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We love your cards - the first one reminds me when I can't find my store card and it's already in my hand!
Some cards will need words and other speak for themselves but some like the 2nd one just need the caption.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Jans Funny Farm said...

We don't mind the speech bubbles on cards. The second card is so cute. Poor dad. :)

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

Speach bubbles are great on funny cards and these are funny. I love them.. Hugs GJ x

MaryMatthews said...

I'm responding without my cat so I'll just say in my human opinion, the first one is really funny! I loved it. I'm neutral on speech bubbles. They don't seem jarring to me. On the second one, I had to think about it --- (is the Cat Doctor holding the kittens while the cat parent has fainted on the floor?) but that is no doubt because I'm slower than a cat:)

Tamago said...

What cute cards!! Hee hee Roger, you don't look very sober :-) I love the mousie nurse in the 2nd card and the dad..oh so cute and perfect card for new dads :-)

The Island Cats said...

We love both of these!!

Catherine said...

I don't mind the speech bubbles at all. I love the second card the most. It made me giggle! Very cute!
xo Catherine

Gattina said...

It depends if there is only one "person" speaking I don't like speech bubbles when several are, then yes. So both cards are ok for me.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

what fun. Good luck with your contest :)

Team Tabby said...

We like both cards! We love cards that make us laugh. Have a great weekend!

Mindy
Moe
Bono
Cookie
Mike

meowmeowmans said...

We really like both cards. No problems with speech bubbles here! :)

Daisy said...

That first one reminds me of Harley when he is wearing his Officer Harley uniform!